- Prepare Journal entries, complete general ledger operations, and handle monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Book supplier invoices on the system, prepare payment transactions, allocate bank charges, and archive related proof documents as per company policy
-Calculate Custom Fees, allocate charges to goods and materials, prepare payments to port clearing agents and insurance companies process payments and monitor related movements on company accounts
- Prepare payment vouvhers as requested, and reconcil transitory account and cash settlemetns upon repayment
- Allocate to legal entities cost related to various expenses (rent, freight, insurance, telephone, fuel, etc.) as per copany policy and process payment of related charges on the system.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
Reconciliation & Control
- Organise financial records; inspect account books and accounting systems, and maintain related information for accuracy.
- Examine daily, weekly and monthly statements to ensure information accuracy anc correct detected discrepancies.
- Handle bank reconciliations; monitor and resolve bank issues and discrepancies including fees anomalies.
- Liaise with internal auditors to implement control across all legal entities.
- Review expenses reports, and recommend ways to improve business efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance revenues and profits
Compliance & Reporting
- Handle fiscal declaration, and ensure prompt and accurate payment of taxes.
Ensure that statement and records comply with laws and regulations, and handle local government reporting.
- Collect, analyze and prepare on a regular basis reports on accounting and financial information to allow informed decision making.
- Carry out other similar duties that can be defined with the broad fuinctional job and fuctional responsibilieties outlined above. These may include special missions assigned by direct supervisor, support to other units, providing on the job training, etc.
- 5-8 years' experience in similar position
- Bachelor's Degree prefereably in Accounting, or Finance/business-related field. An MBA is a plus
- Good command of Greek, and English
- Arabic is a plus
- Good computer skills