CYENS Center of Excellence (formerly known as RISE) is pleased to announce that the Thinker Maker Space is now accepting internship applications for two paid internship positions for Software Development Engineer and Curatorial/Administration.
The CYENS Thinker Maker Space is a multifunctional creative space for Rapid Prototyping, Digital Fabrication, Electronics, Machining workstations and Mix-R Equipment, that provides cutting–edge equipment and hands-on expertise to assist creative and cultural industries, encourage technology-led innovation, support entrepreneurship and to inspire skill-based creativity.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM
There are up to two (2) paid Internship slots for full-time or part-time engagement. Applicants must be available from March 1st for a period of 3-6 months. Interns will be expected to give an open presentation of their work before the end of their time with CYENS.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit via email to email@example.com, using the subject line “Application: Thinker Maker Space Internship”, the following items:
1) A short statement of interest (max. 300 words) describing any relevant experience
2) A Curriculum Vitae
3) Transcripts of coursework
4) Contact information
5) Availability dates
Applicants must be able to work in CYENS’ premises in Nicosia and must be either:
- Undergraduate students (BA, BSc);
- Post-Graduate students (MA, MSc and PhD);
- Early career individuals (who have graduated from university within the two years)
- For non-EU applicants an entry visa and/or work permit may be required
Additional Qualifications relevant to each internship position
Applicants are expected to have the following additional qualifications depending on the internship position they are interested in applying for:
The call will remain open and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Development Engineer (Paid Internship)
The successful candidate will be assisting the Thinker Maker Space team to implement Web Services and APIs along with developing the technical specifications of an online Booking and Inventory System. Also, they will have the possibility to work on current prototyping/development or electronics/robotics related projects.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrable skills working with WordPress and database integrations
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs (e.g. payment gateways, social media etc). OR
- Good grasp of designing Web Services and APIs
- Strong development experience in Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32 etc.
- Demonstrable skills working with relevant programming languages.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms will be considered an advantage.
Curatorial/Administration (Paid Internship)
The successful candidate will be assisting the Thinker Makers Space team in day-to-day operations that include working in the Design Desk and Main Workshop areas. The successful candidate is expected to aid in the curatorial, administrative and logistics components of the makerspace events, talks and exhibitions as well as to keep the exhibition and main workshop areas in a level that promotes positive image.
- Educated to degree level in any relevant field of Arts and Design.
- PC and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills.
- Clear communicator, in person and writing.
- Demonstrate good understanding of a makerspace operation.
- Ability to work independently.