Simple steps on how to protect yourself:
- Wash hands often and thoroughly with water and soap or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid Touching your eyes, mouth or nose,
- Keep distance of 2 meters from others, where possible
- Avoid crowded places and/or limit unnecessary exposure
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched/used areas or surfaces
- Wear a mask in public and closed spaces
According to the World Health Organisation, “masks can be used either for protection of healthy persons (worn to protect oneself when in contact with an infected individual) or for source control (worn by an infected individual to prevent onward transmission). However, the use of a mask alone is insufficient to provide an adequate level of protection or source control, and other personal and community level measures should also be adopted to suppress transmission of respiratory viruses”.
Read the full Guidance Paper on Advice on the use of masks in the context of Covid-19 – 05/06/2020, WHO.
Find the announcement in Arabic, French and Somali at https://cyrefugeecouncil.org/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-during-covid-19/.