Job Title: Admin Assistant
Organisation: Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD)
Duty station: SeeD Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus
Contract duration: Trial period 3 Months (March - May 2020); subject to extension following the trial period
Contract status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Salary range: 870 – 1000 EUR
Start date: 3rd March 2020
Reports to: Programme & Administration Officer and Administration & Finance Officer
The Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD) is a research-driven innovative think tank, generating evidence to inform programmes and policies around the world. Together with local partners, we help identify root causes of conflict and drivers of positive change. So far, our efforts have reached Cyprus, Liberia, South Sudan, Ukraine, Moldova, Malaysia, Nepal, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, and beyond.
The Admin Assistant will work closely with the SeeD’s Programme & Administration Officer and Administration & Finance Officer to provide support to the work of SeeD in the context of finance, accounting, administration, procurement and human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting:
- Support the Administration & Finance Officer to prepare journal entries to record all income and expenditure in QuickBooks and file supporting documentation on a regular basis.
- Assist other SeeD colleagues in preparing expense reports and other financial docs as needed.
- Support the Administration & Finance Officer to produce all required donor financial or narrative reports, by collecting relevant information from operational points of contact.
- Contribute to the preparation of project related documents, such as cash transfer requests, milestone payment requests, etc.
- Manage a petty cash fund as needed for the office.
Project Administration, Procurement and Human Resources:
- Collect quotations and bids for approved purchase requests and ensure all required documentation is in place, with the supervision of the Administration & Finance Officer
- Handle payments through deposits at bank accounts in Cyprus and through online payments (e.g. salaries, subscriptions, utility bills, etc.)
- With the supervision of the Programme & Administration Officer manage personnel and human resources related tasks
- Assist the Programme & Administration Officer in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work with due care for all applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial, administrative, procurement and human resources documents.
- Coordinate the provision of logistical support to operational points of contact, including work group meetings, public facilitations, travel abroad, etc.
- Office maintenance (e.g. purchasing stationery, office supplies, etc.)
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: scanning or photocopying documents and mail services
How to apply:
The applications should be in ENGLISH and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 16th February 2020 5pm (Cyprus time/GMT+2). The application package should include:
- Full CV;
- 2 reference letters;
- Motivation letter (1 page that describes the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position);
Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
- Administrative check & Evaluation of application package
- Competency test
- Interview for short-listed candidates
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Secretariat Studies, Social Sciences, Humanities, or other relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office and finance administration
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Greek
- Solid numerical and analytical skills and strong sense of attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of common software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat etc.)
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and thoroughness
- Strong commitment to peace, sustainable development and the principles of SeeD
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Trilingual language skills: Greek, English and Turkish
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks preferably)
- Knowledge of design software such as Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop
- Previous experience in donor funded programmes and NGO work in peacebuilding, development, reconciliation, mediation and similar