The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus, promoting their effective integration into the host society. Focusing on refugees, asylum seekers, detainees, trafficking victims and survivors of torture, CyRC works closely with the local society in order to provide quality services at the individual, community and policy level.
The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) invites qualified psychologists to apply for a position under a project funded by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Cyprus, to provide support to asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection all over Cyprus and conduct appropriate referrals to other related services.
The Cyprus Refugee Council is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a focus on refugees, asylum seekers, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CyRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus as well as promote their effective integration into local society.
Vacancy – Roving Psychologist (full-time) : Offer services in all major cities across Cyprus to refugees and asylum seekers by carrying out assessments; referring to the state Mental Health Services or other related services; offering counseling in selected cases.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
01. Carry out psychological assessments for beneficiaries. Assessments include: a record of psychological history, an assessment of violence, or torture related trauma, a care plan. Progress notes will be prepared and necessary psychological assessments can be submitted to the relevant authorities.
02. Carry out referrals to the state Mental Health Services or other services for counseling and/or therapy
03. Offer individual or family counseling to selected cases in all cities in Cyprus.
04. Perform crisis intervention.
05. Mobilize persons of concern so they may take on an active role that enhances their communal capacities and resilience
06. Liaise with the authorities, EU agencies, and NGO partners for the better coordination of service-provision
07. Undertake other duties as required.
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter. Please confirm in your application, that you have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal) arising from an investigation in relation to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), or left employment pending investigation and refused to cooperate in such an investigation.
Closing date: 6 December 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your completed application to email@example.com
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in psychology and postgraduate studies in clinical psychology or counseling.
• Registered at the Psychologists Registration Board of Cyprus.
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience; experience providing therapy to victims of trauma/violence, or similar experience, an asset.
• Excellent command of English and Greek languages, both written and orally; knowledge of Arabic or French is an asset.
• Knowledge of issues related to refugees and immigration.
• Strong drafting skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Candidates must have reliable vehicles.