Open Call for participation in the Performance Lab
This 1-year-long, all-inclusive laboratory is part of the Open Up project & will allow you to learn techniques and practices used in the field of live performance by experienced artists and educators from the fields of dance, physical theatre, music, voice work, performance art, live art. Participants will enter a European network of artists and professional trainers and will have the opportunity to make connections in Cyprus and abroad. All participants will receive a certificate of participation at no cost.
It will take place on Saturdays from January to December 2021 at Theatro Polis – OPAP
(10-12 Tempon Street, 1016 Nicosia), which is located in the Old City Centre of Nicosia.
The lab is free of charge.
Profile of participants:
- Have a strong interest in expanding their knowledge and experience in a kind of performing or performance practice (dance, theatre, music, voice work, performance, live art)
- Have some previous experience in a performance practice (this could have been on stage, in a studio, or in community gatherings)
- Aim at eventually creating their own artistic identity by developing their own practice (with the help of the Open Up team)
- Have a good knowledge of the English language (as workshops will be in English)
- Availability and willingness to follow the one-year-long commitment of the programme
- Be over 18 years old
Please email us at email@example.com with the Subject of the email being “Performance Lab Application”, with (1) a short biography/ CV, where you will include any relevant qualifications and/or experience you have in the field of Performative Arts & (2) send us a short statement saying why you are interested in applying.