Location: Athens, Greece
Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday
Start date: September 2022
Application deadline: 22 August 2022
We are looking for a highly motivated chef with logistical and management experience to join our team, helping to manage and set-up our new kitchen in Athens, and to cook nutritious and tasty meals for displaced people.
WHO IS PROJECT ARMONIA?
We are a non-profit organisation acting in solidarity with displaced people to promote equal access to nutrition and education.
For the past two years, we have operated a free-restaurant that served over 1000 healthy and nutritious meals per day to displaced people on the hotspot island of Samos. We have worked with a diverse team of 29 different nationalities.
Now, we have a new exciting challenge ahead!
We are currently setting up a new food project in the city of Athens. We are aiming to open our doors in autumn 2022, with our kitchen cooking warm, tasty, and nutritious meals to be distributed by partner NGOs in Athens. At a second stage, our project aims to develop a community kitchen, an educational, and an employability project aiming at creating a community, and working together with displaced people towards their integration in Greek society.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a professional, experienced, and highly motivated chef with logistical and management experience to join our team, who can help to set up and manage our new kitchen in Athens and cook nutritious and tasty hot meals for our beneficiaries.
Working hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week
Location: Athens, Greece
- Managing kitchen operations and the kitchen team on a daily basis.
- Cooking meals for distribution.
- Training, guiding, and supervising the kitchen team in meal preparation, cooking and food safety.
- Responsible for the Implementation and monitoring of hygiene and safety procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and adjustment of the menus according to seasonal produce, and the kitchen team's input.
- Monitoring the timely implementation of the food distribution schedule. Adjusting when necessary.
- Maintaining and monitoring kitchen logistical processes, i.e., monitoring food supplies, submitting food orders, monitoring, and reporting equipment servicing needs.
- Responsible for the implementation and the compliance with the department’s budget.
- Developing in-house food-themed workshops and assisting in workshops by external collaborators.
- Delivering Project Armonia’s culinary, lab-based training program for displaced people.
What we offer:
- A truly rewarding role as a part of a highly committed team.
- Hired on a fixed-term contract under Greek law, renewable.
- 1.200 EUR gross monthly salary [950 EUR net].
- 25 days paid annual leave.
The application process:
- Application deadline: 22 August 2022.
- Start date: September 2022.
- To apply, send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the closing date. They will be invited for an interview at our office in Athens.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, your application at this time has not been successful.
Project Armonia is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences and would particularly welcome applications from individuals from the refugee community.
We strongly encourage people from the refugee community, both asylum seekers and recognised refugees, to apply for this and any suitable future roles at Project Armonia.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
- At least two years of experience working in a kitchen management role.
- A strong team player with a flexible attitude and problem-solving abilities; ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Able to act on own initiative and take responsible decisions.
- Fluency in English.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have the right to work in Greece.
- Health Certificate - Please note that we will assist you in obtaining one.
- Experience of delivering culinary training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the context in which we operate as an NGO working with/providing services to displaced people in Athens.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
- Working competency in any of the following languages: Greek, French, Arabic or Farsi.