Please note the following changes:
- Anyone started working for the first time in February or March 2020 can now join the support schemes. NOTE: The employer needs to submit the new application (EEA7) and declare the salary.
- Any person entitled a special unemployment benefit or sickness benefit under covid-19 support measures who used to work in 2018, will receive the highest amount resulting from the comparison of 2018 paid social insurances and the last salary received.
- A minimum amount for the allowances is set to 360euro. Persons entitled allowances under the covid-19 support measures, will retroactively receive the difference (if any) for a period of 4 weeks.
- In regards to the schemes in force until 12.4.2020, employees whose bank account details were not possible to be confirmed as well as those that did not declare a bank account for the payment of their benefits, shall receive their support measures allowances by check, provided that no other means of payment is possible.
- A new support scheme titled “Special allowance for the support of the unemployed” is in effect. It concerns people who were unemployed before the outbreak of covid19 and whose unemployment benefit finished at any time during February, March or April 2020. Those persons are encouraged to apply using the EEA.8 form, in order to claim 360 euro for one month.
THE UPDATED APPLICATION FORMS FOR ALL SCHEMES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON 5.5.2020 AT coronavirus.mlsi.gov.cy