A tech scale-up with big plans!
Founded in 2017, Lokalise has hired 200+ people across 41 countries (and counting!), raised $50m of series B funding, and brought on-board customers such as Revolut, Miro, Starbucks, and Mastercard to name but a few.
Not bad, eh?
What we do
Businesses like Hyundai use our localisation platform to bring developers, designers and translators together in one virtual workspace. They use our platform to translate and localise content so it can be delivered across the web, apps, documents and even games to customers in their native languages.
Simply put: companies that localize can connect with over 8 billion people on the planet.
Please note that we are required to add a location to job ads, but Lokalise is a fully remote company, and you can work from anywhere.
We’re hiring for General Counsel:
As General Counsel, you will directly report to the executive team. You will have a front row seat to establishing legal precedent around the many novel issues raised within a growing SaaS business in a global remote setup.
- Manage all legal matters at Lokalise, including corporate and commercial matters, investments, fundraising, intellectual property development and protection, employment matters, regulatory examinations, data privacy, and external audits;
- Develop and implement a corporate legal strategy with the executive team to best support Lokalise’s growth and corporate goals;
- Manage Lokalise’s global privacy and data protection strategies and programs, including with regard to compliance;
- Partner with the executive team to establish and negotiate strategic partner and customer relationships which benefit Lokalise;
- Partner and strategize closely with the Finance, Operations, and People departments to devise, manage, and support programs and employment policies to best promote and enhance Lokalise’s fully remote global setup;
- Be and stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments and requirements, both in the U.S. and in key international jurisdictions, and manage Lokalise’s compliance with any and all such developments and requirements;
- Lead by example, mentor, and grow the Lokalise legal team;
- Analyze Lokalise’s risk management techniques and potential compliance vulnerabilities, and devise and implement programs and plans to eliminate and mitigate risks and potential compliance issues.
You should have:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admission in good standing to a U.S. state bar.
- 8+ years’ practice with an established law firm or relevant in-house counsel experience with a leading tech business.
- Demonstrable legal experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and data privacy.
- Hands-on executive leadership, with experience in assembling, structuring, and leading an outstanding legal team
- In-house experience within a global organization; pragmatic approach and practical skills are a plus.
- Experience with projects leading fundraising rounds;
- Experience at a high-growth, later stage start-up (Series C and after)
- Employee stock options plan
- Learning & Development program
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Comprehensive parental leave
- Coworking budget
- Top-notch tech equipment to work with
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events