Open Call for participation in the Design Lab
This all-inclusive workshop is part of the Open Up project & will guide its participants through the process of industrial design with the final aim of the team collectively creating a marketable product/ service. Participants will enter a European network of artists and professional trainers and will have the opportunity to make connections in Cyprus and abroad. All participants will receive a certificate of participation at no cost.
The workshop will take place at NiMAC (19, Palias Ilektrikis, 1016 Nicosia), which is located in the Old City Centre of Nicosia. There will be three different cohorts: March – May 2021, October – December 2021, April – June 2022. Participation is free of charge.
Profile of Participants:
- Have any level of crafts knowledge (including a creative ability and a hands-on experience)
- Preferably have a design background, however artists from other fields are also welcome
- Have a design awareness
- Have a business, planning and marketing background (optional)
- Be willing to build and maintain positive relationships and to share information with others
- Have determination to achieve an end result, optimism and enthusiasm when things do not go to plan
- A three-month availability during weekends
- Good knowledge of the English Language
- Be over 18 years old
Please email us at email@example.com with the Subject of the email being “Design Lab Application”, with (1) a short biography/ CV, indicating your relevant knowledge, qualifications and skills in the field & (2) send us a short statement saying why you are interested in applying.